What is SMASH?
- Students for Mental Awareness, Support, & Health (SMASH) is a mental health and wellness student group at Ryerson University. Learn more about our Vision and Missions
What does SMASH do?
- SMASH works towards our vision and mission by creating and hosting a variety of events and initiatives. For example, some events provide and facilitate student peer-to-peer, such as Chill Sessions and This Is My Story. Other events raise awareness and educate our Ryerson community, such as Mental Health 101 and the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Certification Course.
What is peer-to-peer support?
- Peer-to-peer support is when you provide & receive informal support to & from your peers.
How do I participate?
- Anyone can participate in SMASH by simply coming out to the events! You can engage in peer-to-peer support and learn about mental health and wellness by attending our events.
- To view our upcoming events, check out our Calendar.
- You can stay connected by liking us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, ConnectRU and LinkedIn, and by signing up for our weekly emails.
- Please note, if you would like to join our SMASH team, we usually begin our hiring cycle in February, and will advertise through email and our social media pages. We will also send out the application throughout the Ryerson community when hiring.
Who can attend SMASH events?
- Our events are open to all Ryerson students, and we work to be inclusive of all identities! NEW FACES ALWAYS WELCOMED!
Where can I find out more about SMASH?
Email us at: RyeSMASH@ryerson.ca
Follow us at: